Friday, September 9, 2011

Amo il Mediterraneo!

Today is Friday (no, this isn't going to become a Rebecca Black song...). Back in Minnesota, a Friday at CSB/SJU would probably begin early in the day and be filled with various classes, work, and maybe some homework. However, I'm not in Minnesota. I'm in Italy, and let me tell you, Italian Fridays kick Minnesotan Fridays butts. First of all, Italian Fridays (at least through CEA) don't include classes, so every weekend is a 3-day weekend. Secondly, having open days means we can explore the area, which, fortunately, is very easy with public transportation. So, while everyone back home was hitting the books, the majority of the Roman-Greco students were taking the metro, a train, and a bus from our apartments to the Mediterranean! 

I honestly can't picture a more perfect day! After only about an hour of travel, we were becoming fish, swimming in the balmy and salty waters of the Mediterranean for hours, while enjoying the waves, sand, and sun. The weather was perfect, the water was perfect, and the group was fabulous!

During the day, we got a few good chuckles from observing the men trying to sell sunglasses, hats, and coconuts (they have pretty good senses of humor!). It was also amusing to people watch; this was the first time I've been to a beach where speedos may have outnumbered swim trunks, and in some parts of the beach, tops were completely optional. 

Although many of us got sunburned (or had an encounter with one of the many sketchy stray cats), we had a very good time. I see a repeat of today in my future...


Ashley and I were excited to be at a Mediterranean beach!


 Group of girls at the Paradise Beach!


People-watching...speedo guy and spread eagle woman.


B-e-a-utiful!


One of the men selling hats and things.  Very funny!


The beach and the Mediterranean--I think I'm in love!



No comments:

Post a Comment